When moving home it is very easy to let important things slip your mind and its not surprising with so much to do.
Most people are not experts when it comes to moving then again some people are always on the move.
Our target is to make your move go as smoothly as possible. In addition to utilizing our services, being well-informed and prepared will further help you to have a stress free move and avoid difficulties.
Useful tips and checklist
- Notify utilities of the date you wish to discontinue service gas electric telephone water, To find your cheapest energy provider moneysupermarket click here switch & save on all your home services.
- Get your mail redirected to your new address Royal Mail information and services
- Get rid of belongings you no longer need. choose which items can be taken to a charity shop, sold at car boot sale, or offered to your friends or you can sell on eBay. Click here to trade on eBay.co.uk!
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address cards you could send ecards. moon pig cards – personalised, printed and posted!
- Collect all items that are being cleaned, stored or repaired like clothing, furs, shoes, watches, etc. clear out your locker at the club, bowling alley or leisure centre
- Return library books and anything on loan from friends or neighbours, and collect things you may have loaned
- If you are moving into or out of an apartment, arrange to use the elevator on your move day. if it is only a small move try to get key to control door
- Check every room, closet and cabinet one last time before deciding everything is loaded.
- Notify then bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders.
- If parking is a problem arrange a parking space for the removal van
- Mark boxes with names of rooms, let removal men know where the furniture needs to go in your new home
- Make sure the boxes containing items you need the least are loaded up first and items you need immediately in your new home are packed in the van last.
- Keep a small tool kit handy
- Order your moving boxes well in advance so you have plenty of time to pack. Get your removal boxes here
- Put all your important papers (passport, cheque books, health records, wills, etc.) in a safe place do not pack these take them with you.
- First Night Survival stuff If you cannot be bothered unpacking after a long day or you’re simply too weary to unpack everything, set aside some crucial things you’ll need for the first night in your new place: Food Kitchen supplies Snacks, cups, utensils Can openers Toiletries Toothbrushes toothpaste Soap Toilet paper Towel medicine First aid kit Tools torch Screwdriver Light bulbs Sleeping bag, blankets Children’s toys Pet’s Food
- Now relax enjoy your new home! right that’s enough relaxing get all these boxes unpacked and the place organised
If you think there is something I have missed I will be happy to add if it is relevant